I won’t give today a Build Day number as there was no-one here but me. I put on my painter’s cap and got to work.
Not as sure what to do with this. There is a small steel beam boxed into this part of the ceiling that holds up the chimney in the room above. This is where the servants’ toilet used to be. I couldn’t decide whether to paint it white like the ceiling or the same colour as the walls. I have decided to paint it the same colour as the walls so that it doesn’t stand out. I can always change it later if it looks odd.
I have also changed my mind on the colour of the breakfast room. The brighter yellow, Dayroom Yellow, is now appealing to me particularly after I gave the test patch a second coat, taking away some of the fluorescence that was coming through from the white underneath. The darker yellow, Hay, has dried quite brown, whereas I wanted a definite yellow in that room. I know that Homer chose this colour, and once I announced the decision to Mark he came out in favour of it too, as did Pam.