Today I removed the paper and masking from the en suite and did a few touch-ups. No doubt it will get messed up a bit during the fitting of the sanitary ware but I am happy for the moment and can do some minor repairs at the end. There is still a large hole to be bored into the wall where the extractor fan is going, so I anticipate more mess.
I haven’t painted the white on the windows, doors or trim. I did some stripping and sanding though so they are almost ready to go. I have read that you are meant to do the trim first but I didn’t have time – I really wanted the ceilings and walls painted before the en suite was fitted and I figured I could paint the windows later when I have the right equipment and have studied more YouTube videos on the correct technique.
Things still to be done in the en suite:
- Fitting of cabinets
- Fitting of sanitary ware, basins and taps
- Installation of shower screen, riser and taps
- Fitting of mirrored cabinets
- Fitting of radiator and heated towel rail
- Painting of windows and trim
- Fitting of spot lights and wall lights
- Fitting of extractor fan
- Installation of window film on glazing for privacy
- Fitting of accessories such as a hand towel hook and toilet roll dispenser
And that’s it – a list with an actual end! At that point I can shop for new towels. I guess our dark grey towels will go with the scheme but the navy blue ones won’t do at all. Plus the grey ones have some bleach spots on them…