Stage One of the build is getting closer to completion and some of you have asked if I will keep blogging when it is over. The answer is yes because this is just the first part of this Edwardian House Renovation.
Once JB and his team leave we still have to:
- Decorate the remaining rooms
- Install carpets, curtains and blinds
- Move the furniture in (and maybe buy some new things too!)
- Landscape the front and rear gardens
In addition there are further building stages planned for when funds allow:
- Conversion of the coal store into a utility room and downstairs toilet
- Renovation of the guest bathroom on the top floor
- Upgrading of the other rooms on the top floor – two bedrooms (and the spooky under eaves cupboard)
- Installing a cat run in the garden
- Building a summer house in the garden
- Building a shed in the garden
Plus we then have to watch the garden grow and continue with further improvements:
- Upgrading and renovating fireplaces throughout the house
- Installing further double glazing and secondary glazing
- Repairs to leadlight windows
- Improving insulation
And one day (hopefully not too soon):
- Replace the entire roof! Argh!
There are also still stories to be told in the House History category, so all in all I will blogging for a while yet!
And when not blogging here, you will probably still find me at Scott’s Travel Adventures. Who knows, there might even be new stories at the Oliver and Ruby Chronicles, Featuring Miss Rose. Plus, for archive interest, there is my first blog, in hiatus, Scott’s Abode, which chronicled our lives back in Australia from 2007, including our migration to the UK in 2009 and stories of the dear, departed cats Doris and Orlando.