I spent the entire day sorting out “stuff”. New shed-like space under the stairs for tools (and WD-40) until I get a real shed.
I got everything out of the sitting room and dusted and vacuumed. We still need to restore the fireplace, do a bit of decorating following the damp proofing, and get carpet. And a bookcase.
D the carpenter was here and he secured the worktop in the utility room and fitted the up-stands (that vertical bit of wood is just keeping them in place while the glue dries. T the decorator also did a lot of the gloss woodwork in here too. Unfortunately decorators and carpenters are mortal enemies – it’s the issue of dust. In Stage 1 the decorators downed brushes and left when A the carpenter was in the front garden using the bench saw while the decorators were applying gloss black paint to the front door and woodwork. I did my best to coordinate them today but unfortunately a carpenter and a decorator ended up in the same room at exactly the same time. They managed to work through it though. I then moved a lot of things into the cupboards.
T also repainted the walls in the top floor bathroom to remove the plumber’s hand prints.
And he applied what must be the fourth undercoat to these stairs. It’s all in the preparation. It’s practically glowing in there.
Gloss white in the toilet too.
P the decorator was also here. He had kindly collected the additional wallpaper I ordered and finished papering the guest room.
In a final push, A and D finished the front garden. Beds ready for planting. The two tonnes of gravel I helped haul from the truck yesterday were laid.
Stepping stones to the gate.
It makes such a difference!
And peace was restored.
Rosie not sure what to make of the quiet.
Ruby inspecting the work.
Apart from a few odd jobs to complete, this was the end of Stage 2 for my builder. Thanks JB!
How the house looked two years ago in the sale brochure before we bought it.